Friday, October 16, 2009

Sun After a Storm and a Writing Prompt

Water is always needed on the California Coast and we finally got some. It didn't fall straight down though...it came every which way, but we aren't complaining.
Before the Tuesday storm,
and I heard it was just the leftover of a typhoon
that Japan took the full brunt of, things were mighty tidy in the courtyard.
Only little limbs fell and the redwoods and cypress and pines got scoured by the wind and look lovely clean and much greener now.
It sure helps to have sunshine after a storm. The old house absorbed water like a wick.
After the rain, new buds bloom...
I threw open windows to the portal on the sea....
This picture I took reminds me of a writing prompt in a series of workshops I participated in...
"If I were a gate..." I will have to find that poem I wrote and post it on "Writepurpose" sometime.
But maybe, while I get back to work...one of my readers will write a poem...
just take the prompt...and off you go...
IF I WERE A GATE...

4 comments:

Mark said...

If I were a gate...I'd swing on my hinges
opening wide the door that impinges,
on dreams and on visions and noble perception, for fears and falsehoods I'd make an exception.
If I were a gate I'd ask me to ponder, am I a bar or a passage to wonder? Is it freedom from or freedom to, or is it just something they're going through?
The best gates I guess are those who remain in use like a favorite old song's refrain. From shelter to pasture to realms far beyond, the gate to the world's also the gateway back home.

Lynda said...

Fabulous photos -especially the gateway.

debbie bailey said...

If this is your courtyard and your sea portal, you are a very blessed person. Beautiful!

Jeannette said...

Blessed I am, whether here or else where, but not by possession. I am a steward of a very special place and live where I work.